Karijini National Park
The Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife:
- The Foundation provides an annual report on the previous year’s performance with externally audited financial accounts to its Members (the Governors and Life Members) at its Annual General Meeting.
- A copy of the annual report and financial statement is provided to the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Heritage as part of the Foundation’s statutory requirements
- The Foundation Board meet six times a year and its Committees meet between 3-6 times a year and are guided by the Foundation’s Constitution, corporate strategies and annual business plans and supporting marketing and other strategies and plans
- As a national entity, Board the Foundation also seeks approval in each relevant State and Territory to undertake fundraising activities
- Was incorporated on 29 June 1970 as a company limited by guarantee ACN 000 744 516 regulated by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission to protect consumers, investors and creditors.
- Established as a national not-for-profit organisation to grow appreciation of and raise funds for the benefit of the natural and cultural environment and heritage of Australia under Constitution (as amended 2 February 2000)
- Holds an Authority to Fundraise for Charitable Purposes with the Department of Gaming and Racing
- Registered with the Australian Taxation Office for Goods and Services Tax (GST) ABN 90107744771
- Endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) as a public museum.
- Endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as an Income Tax Exempt Charitable Entity (ITEC) as a charitable institution
- Exempted by the Office of State Revenue from pay-roll tax
- Trustee of the FNPW Gift Fund Trust ABN 42651974301 (Deed of Settlement 2 February 2000, DGR, ITEC) that was entered into the Register of Environmental Organisations kept by the Commonwealth Department of Environment and Heritage on 9 February 2001 and entitled to receive tax deductible donations of money and property
- Registered office of The Gondwana Program BRN T2383504 a membership loyalty program for national parks and wildlife supporters
- Registered office of Friends of National Parks BRN R3566341 a community-based volunteer program for conservation of national parks and wildlife