You can help us in so many different ways!
Help Your Foundation Today
If you can help us out with any of the items below, we'd love for you to contact us.
Volunteer for your Foundation by:
- Distributing Foundation brochures or marketing collateral to businesses and retail stores in your local area to raise awareness of the Foundation. Contact us to find out more.
- Running a “Phones for Flora” drive at your work or school. All you have to do is collect old, unwanted mobile phones and send them to the Aussie Recycling Program for the Foundation to receive a donation for each phone. Click here to find out more.
- Fundraising for the Foundation in any fundraising event, such as a fun run, swim event, cycling event, or whatever! No matter what your interest, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved and make a difference. Use Everyday Hero (www.everydayhero.com.au) to fundraise for your event, pick the Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife as your sponored charity and ask all your friends and family to sponsor you. It will help motivate you to train and compete, knowing that you're doing it for such a good cause. Contact us if you need help setting up your Everyday Hero profile to support the Foundation.
- Using your own event to fundraise for the Foundation, such as a birthday party, wedding, christening etc. Ask your guests to donate money to the Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife rather than giving you a gift - share the love with Australia's national parks and wildlife instead! Contact us to see how the Foundation can support you by providing invitations with instructions on how your guests can donate.
- Doing some work for the Foundation by visiting the goodcompany website to see what volunteering opportunites are currently available. Click here to find out more.
- Joining a landcare or bushcare group to rehabilitate local habitats.
- Purchasing a Foundation virtual gift through Karma Currency for a friend to support our on ground projects. If your birthday is coming up you can set up a Karma Currency gift registry so that your friends know to buy you Foundation virtual gifts. Their generosity will support the conservation of Australia’s natural and cultural heritage. Visit www.karmacurrency.com.au.
- Asking your company to support a Foundation project. it provides them with positive PR, and it will make a real difference to our environment and conservation work.
- Asking your company to match your donations to the Foundation via workplace giving. Find out more here.
- Sponsoring a Foundation project yourself or through your business.
- Placing Foundation Sand Frog or Mountain Pygmy-possum toys in your hotel (if you have one!) on pillows along with a Foundation information postcard, for guests to purchase. The purchase price of the toys goes back to the Foundation as a donation from your hotel or hotel chain. The Foundation is currently running a sand frog project with the Mawland Group Pty Ltd on Manly's Q Station hotel, conference centre and cultural heritage area, and would like to expand this program to other hotel groups. Contact us to find out more about how to be involved.
- Holding or organising a corporate volunteering day for your workplace to support the Foundation. You and your workmates can volunteer in a national park, have a fantastic and socially responsible day out of the office, and support the Foundation at the same time too. Click here to find out more.
You can also help out in the following ways:
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fnpw
Keep up to date:
Sign up to PAWS - Find out what the Foundation has been funding by signing up to PAWS, our free quarterly newsletter.
Sign up to B-mail - Find out what you can do for native animals in your area by signing up to B-mail, our free monthly email.
Alternatives to money donations:
If you would like to help the Foundation but would not like to donate money, other donations can be gifted.
The Foundation can accept land, shares, jewellery, a house or other assets that you may wish to give. The Foundation will find a buyer for such items and put the proceeds towards conservation projects.
If you would like to donate land with conservation value, please click here to learn how your property can be protected forever as part of the national parks estate.