Newcastle and Hunter national parks include:
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Booti Booti National Park
- Coneac State Conservation Area
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
- Curracabundi National Park
- Glenrock State Conservation Area
- Hunter Wetlands National Park
- Karuah Nature Reserve
- Mount Royal National Park
- Myall Lakes National Park
- Port Stephens - Great Lakes Marine Park
- Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve
- The Glen Nature Reserve
- Tomaree National Park
- Wallingat National Park
- Woko National Park
- Wollemi National Park
- Worimi National Park
- Yengo National Park
Find out more about Newcastle and the Hunter's national parks at the Office of Environment & Heritage website.
Foundation Projects in the Newcastle and Hunter Region
Upgrading Tracks and Trails at Glenrock
In 2011, Maximum Adventure donated $2,000 to the Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife to help create a sustainable mountain biking track network in Glenrock SCA.
Growing Coneac State Conservation Area
In 2008 the Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife received a land donation from Mr Gordon Donaldson. The 355 hectares became part of Coneac State Conservation Area.
Growing Curracabundi National Park
The Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife purchased 3,700 hectares of diverse woodlands to extend Curracabundi National Park.
Growing Myall Lakes National Park
Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife funds provided the addition of 607 hectares to Myall Lakes National Park.
Surveying Brush-tailed Rock-wallabies in Morton National Park
In the past the Foundation has funded Brush-tailed Rock-wallaby surveys at Wollemi National Park.